Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wouldn't you know that as soon as I start saying things like 'I haven't had a shot of Terb since Saturday!' my rebellious uterus decides to kick things up a notch. It's as if I'm just asking for a reminder to be reassured that yes, I do need to be here, and yes, I do need to be a lazy bum. So, I got to have a shot this afternoon. But at least I am still responding to the drugs, and eventually the contractions do taper off.

I told Mike to take a day off today from visiting me in the hospital. Of course I want to see my boys, and it's good for them to see me too, but with all the back and forth and constant upheaval I really thought the guys should have a quiet evening at home. I have to admit that I wasn't all that surprised when they walked into my room at 7 this evening. Mike, being the amazing one that he is, with arms full, came in carrying the diaper bag, Matthew, and some clean laundry for me (I'm still trying to resist the whole hospital gown look). I told him that he shouldn't have come since a.) he really needs some down-time and b.) now I'm always going to think that they'll show up even when he says they probably won't come! Needless to say, I was ecstatic to see them. And Matthew was very fun tonight -- we had a good little tickle and giggle fest which certainly lifted my spirits. I'm telling you, if I could find a way to can and sell the sound of baby/toddler laughter, I'd be a millionaire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
That's so cool that Mike & Matthew came to see you tonight - - - against your "wishes." :) Sounds like a good time for all . . .
Hang in there!
-Christina