Total Pageviews

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter, yesterday! Hope you had a good one. We had a great Easter dinner and celebration here. Definitely an Easter we'll never forget! We were also celebrating five full weeks here and 33 weeks of pregnancy!

Last night after our celebrations, Mike and I had a date night of which the highlight was my first walk outside the room! We walked (slowly and carefully) all the way past the nurse's station to the snack pantry and back. I'm starting to worry though that by getting up on my feet more the nurses will start telling me to 'Fill your own water bottle, you lazy bum!' There goes my room service. No, it'll be a while before I can do it all. Just that brief walk was enough to tire me out!

All this freedom has even brainwashed Dr. Anton! She said today that if my cervix ultrasound shows that things are very stable, maybe I could go home this week instead of waiting until next Monday. Now, that's just plain crazy talk! It's not that I don't want to go home, it's just that I've mentally prepared for so long that I wouldn't head home until 34 weeks. I'm sure if things really are stable, it'll be fine, but it's still a little nerve-wracking. There's still the worry that if contractions really pick up once I'm home, the oral meds won't slow them down the way a shot would. I think Mike'll want to leave with a stash of them. He's also confirmed my fears that once home, I won't get clean sheets everyday like I do here. Man! There's also no little button to push for my snacking (and non-snacking) needs at home. I think the cooler stocked with food next to the bed will be the compromise!

Can you believe I've been here for five full weeks and JUST got around to watching 'The Price is Right' this morning?! Hello! What have I been doing with my time?

I'll have my ultrasound today or tomorrow...I'll keep you posted, as always.

No comments: