Total Pageviews

Monday, April 10, 2006

Oye. What a day! Today was a bit of a rollercoaster. I had a FUN wake-up call at 6am -- a shot of Terbutaline in my arm. A couple hours after the shot, contractions started picking up again so I got my Terbutaline pill early. Then we put Zachary on the monitor and he, like big brother Matthew, tends to be a late sleeper in the AM, so he wasn't responding quite the way they wanted him to...didn't have the heart accerlerations that they're required to see every session of monitoring. It was determined that we would do another monitoring in the afternoon. I got up to take my shower and probably from a combination of my Niphetipine (that lowers blood pressure) and being on my feet for too long, I suddenly felt very nauseous, dizzy, and light-headed. So, after freaking out my nurse for a bit, that aspect of the day settled down. We also spent all morning waiting to find out if I'd have my scheduled ultrasound...and once again found out that it won't happen until Tuesday.

The afternoon was an unexpected show of pregnancy waterworks (meaning tears). Funny how sometimes the floodgates just open and I can't get them shut and I wonder what's wrong with me. Then I remember, ahhh, yes, I am Jenny AND I am pregnant. Right.

We did quite a bit more of monitoring Zach in the evening. Dr. Anton came by to do a very quick and basic ultrasound to make sure that there was enough amniotic fluid for him, and that he didn't have the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. Matthew and Mike were here during the ultrasound and Matthew seemed to think it was pretty cool that 'Zach on TV!' Everything looked fine with the littlest Martin boy. Dr. Anton thinks that the dips in his chart were probably him grabbing the umbilical cord and then realizing 'Doh! I don't like that! Better let go!' Another Martin genius.

The really big news is that Dr. Anton gave the a-OK for me to get a 15 minute ride in a wheelchair everyday. I can even go outside for fresh air! Fresh air? What is that? I don't remember, but I'll find out tomorrow morning when I venture out beyond these walls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a wheelchair ride! I'll have to call you to find out how it goes, but if you get this, feel free to call me on your cell, since I don't understand cell phones and accidentally erased all your information when I went to change the number for your room, sigh...Sorry the morning was poopy yesterday, but that's exciting about the fresh air. I hope it's a beautiful day for it! Love ya!
Rachel