Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 23, 2006

All of us here on Team Incubate Zachary seem to be feeling like his arrival is going to be sooner rather than later. It really is a team effort though -- family, friends, my parents, Mike and Matthew and the doctors and nurses are all doing there best to buy us more time, but activity is definitely picking up. It's still amazing that we've gotten to 34 weeks! I've been in the hospital for exactly six weeks!

Last night I had to get a Turbutaline shot to try to slow things down and another this morning. Last night's contractions were pretty strong, and I started to wonder, OK at what point is it time to call my parents to watch Matthew and for Mike to come and be with me. I suppose when it's really time, we'll really know. It seems though that my body's just not responding to the drugs like it used to. I think we're all starting to ask ourselves : at what point do we just give in and let nature take its course or will it still do that even while we try to slow it down with meds. My white blood cell count has been slowly getting higher -- which is what happened through my whole pregnancy leading up to my water breaking with Matthew. So, they have me on antibotics in the IV to try to slow down any infection. I'm defnitely full of fluid. I've gained around 5-7 pounds since they put me back on the Mag six days ago, and my face is starting to get a little puffy with fluid. I'm still 'outputting' enough fluid that they're not concerned about Magnesium Toxicity though, but I'm defnitely looking and feeling like a Mag patient.

I'm sad to report my latest ailment -- my HAIR hurts. My hair has been so perma-bed-head-smashed into the same position for so long that it PHYSICALLY hurts to try to get it to lay flat in the opposite direction. I never thought I would have hair pain. Ahh, woah is me. Just when you thought things couldn't possibly get worse...! :)

No comments: