Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Random thought for the day: Hospital towels are like sandpaper, but they do serve the purpose of exfoliating your skin whilst you dry off.

I had an ultrasound this morning...on my leg. My left leg started to hurt yesterday afternoon (behind my knee-ish). It feels a little bit like a pulled muscle, but I don't see how that's possible seeing as I have no muscle left. Dr. Anton wanted to be sure that it isn't a blood clot, and luckily it isn’t. However, Dr. Anton does want me to start moving around a little bit more to help with circulation. She even said I should walk a bit everyday – for fifteen minutes! That’s huge! I still have at least two ultrasounds before they’ll think about sending me home, so if being upright changes things too much, they’ll reel me back in. They’ve also decided that I don’t need to be on the contraction monitor all the time. I know when I’m contracting, so if things pick up, I’ll be put back on to watch the pattern and see if I need a shot. The idea is to start weaning me off hospital life for this last week in the hospital, that way when I do go home it won’t be too scary to be machine-less.

Upon returning to my humble abode from my ultrasound, I discovered the fam in the act of Easter-decorating my room -- complete with a pair of bunny ears on my pillow. Matthew said, “Rabbit Mommy!” when he saw me in them for our Easter Egg dyeing party. Somehow we successfully managed to keep more dye on the eggs than on Matthew!

No comments: