Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Despite the early morning Terbutaline shot, today was a really good day. I had a few visitors this morning -- including Matthew's little pal Jack (and his Mom, my good friend, Megan) sporting a very cool knight helmet, plastic sword, shield, and green dragon-themed rubber boots. He made quite an impression on the nurses here, as you can imagine!

This evening my oldest friend (not in age, but in how long we've known each other -- since we were six), Rachel brought me dinner tonight. Matthew and Mike also joined in for the festivities and Matthew wowed us all by counting from 1-10 for the first time! He's been very close before, just needed to put it all together. It was very cute as we made such a big deal about it that he'd count from 1-4 or 1-5 and then throw his hands in the air and shout, 'Yea!' and clap like crazy. He was very proud of himself!

Tonight, I had the most incredible experience of receiving my first singing telegram -- over the telephone! Mike's coworker and friend Kevin (husband of my good friend Erika) is in a PHENOMENAL Barbershop Quartet. The four of them are practicing like mad for their competition this weekend to try to make it into the International competition. All I have to say is even over the lame hospital phone they sure sound like they're ready for Internationals to me!

I have never doubted how blessed we are in the friends, family, love and support department. But just incase I start to forget, not a day goes by here that I don't have constant reminders of just how lucky and spoiled we are! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
Just a note to wish you well. Talked to your Mom yesterday and she told me that you are still "holding your breath". Good job, I didn't know that it was possible to impede that particular conspiracy of nature. But you are doing a good job at it. And, I trust that you have given good consideration to naming the new baby "Ralph". Hey, doesn't hurt to put in a plug for my favorite name. That's it, Good luck!