Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

We're still baking the bun in the oven here. It is interesting. Now that I'm off the heavy meds I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb and everytime things start to pick up I get all excited/panic-y...is this it? Is it time? Do I call Mike yet? etc.

Last night was kind of unique. We kept Zachary on the monitor all night, and I woke up at 6am to three nurses running in here adjusting the monitor to see if it had moved and was picking up my heart-rate or if Zach's heart really had slowed that much. Turns out it was him, and he did it a few more times this morning. He'd had two bigger dips back to back and my nurse said if he'd continued and had a few more I would've been wisked off to a c-section to get him out of there. A little scary, but so far things seem to be looking better. They'll just be watching him a lot more (probably around the clock) and watching to see if it's getting to the point where he's just not handling things well...at which point, though it's still fairly early, it'd be better out than in. It's strange to think that if I were having a normal pregnancy this stuff would be going on without us knowing about it. It's comforting to know that I'm exactly where I need to be
-- especially should things happen fast, I'm already here!

No comments: