Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ultrasound day today! We, the Martin/Buckley fam here, had all made guesses as to what Zachary's weight would be today. And gosh darnit! Why didn't we have some money riding on these bets? Mike would have cleaned up! He guessed Zach's exact current weight which is (drumroll, please) 3lbs. 15oz. The little guy is just shy of four pounds. That puts him still a little above average for weight, and based on size puts his due date at May 26th (as opposed to the 'calculated due date' of June 3rd).

The cervix part of my ultrasound today showed that I'm more stable than I have been with very little change between the resting measurement and the measurement with pressure. From a cervix viewpoint only, they would send me home next week, but seeing how I'm still almost constantly having contractions, and with the possibility of going into pre-term labor still high, they'll not likely send me home until a safer gestational age (probably 34 weeks). If that does turn out to be the course of action (and nothing changes), that means I'm currently about half way through my stay here in the hospital!

This whole situation seems to have really started to wear on Matthew. The novelty of getting to have lots of playdates and going to Grandma and D'Dad's house often is starting to run out. This week, he has become more clingy to Mike (and he's never been a shy one), and he's just getting, quite frankly, a bit wild and goofy. But hey! We'll take wild and goofy over tantrums and cranky (though we've had some of those too) anyday. Considering that he's two-and-a-half, he has done really well with being so flexible during the upheaval of his daily routine. It sure kills me not to be able to help out Mike or my parents with him -- I definitely feel helpless, and it's so frustrating. Of course, this only foreshadows how much more difficult it would be to be home and not allowed to do anything for myself or take care of my family. I guess it's a good thing that I'm trapped in this hospital room for a few more weeks.

No comments: