Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I had a pretty dizzy day -- a lot of lightheadedness when I get up, which sadly is probably just the fun of long-term bedrest setting in. So, no outing in the wheelchair for me today as just sitting up made me quite whoozy. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow though. Mike will be here working on his laptop, so it'd be great to get to head out of the room together for fifteen minutes of freedom.

So, a brief anecdote for you: Alright, so I wear the contraction monitor all the time, and it's constantly recording a graph on to a long strip of paper. The strip has eight hours worth of recording time. There is always a little squiggly line on the paper except when I get up to use the restroom when I unplug myself from the machinery. So, I had a night nurse come on at 11ish one night who was really studying my graph. There was a large gap in the line when I'd gotten up to use the bathroom, brush my teeth, and get ready for bed. Anyway, she was intently investigating my strip, and then she asks me all accusingly, "Where were you right here?!" Um, hello. Where could I go?? I hardly have the strength to walk across the room. Did she think that I'd high-tailed it out of here and had gone out dancing or something? I don't get to go anywhere but the bathroom. Is nothing sacred? No, there are no secrets here.

What I really enjoy is if I'm leaving someone a message I automatically say something like, 'So call me back when you have a chance. I should be around. HA! 'Cuz where else would I be?! I'm not allowed to go anywhere!' True, I don't get out much, but we still have the problem, people, that everything seems to happen at once. I'll get a visitor, then phone calls, nurses, doctors, everybody, everything happens at once, and then a little bit later it'll be nothing but me and a book or a Sudoku puzzle! We've gotta figure out a way to spread out the love, people, but hey, I'll take it whenever I can get it. Thanks for it!

No comments: