Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I have lots of nicknames for Mike, but now I must add 'umbrella' to the list. You know how if you have an umbrella it won't rain? Well, Mike is my umbrella. He stayed over last night just in case things happened, and wouldn't you know, we had our first quiet, uneventful night in a few nights. I didn't contract too much and Zachary was a very good boy -- he only had one brief dip in his heartrate which is fairly normal. So, apparently he behaves when Daddy's here.

Dr. Anton did an ultrasound this morning to check my amniotic fluid level (looks good) and the umbilical cord (also good). It has been decided that if I'm still pregnant on Monday, May 1st (in five days!), we'll have an Amniocentisis to see if Zach's lungs are mature. If they are, then we'll induce labor on Tuesday, May 2nd!! Normally at 35 weeks they'd just go ahead and send me home, but since I have such a high likelihood of delivering soon anyway, they don't want to send me home and then have me deliver in the car, etc. Not to mention, it'd be pretty lame to give up my luxury suite here and then come back only to discover that there's no room at the inn, and I have to be in some extra, ghetto shared-labor room next to a howler monkey woman. These things worry me, you see.

One of my nurses (really, I like to refer to them now as my P.A.'s -- Personal Assistants), so anyway, one of my lovely P.A.'s and I were discussing the whole epidural situation. We feel that there should be some added bonuses that come with the feeling of complete numbess from the waist down. For example, they really should offer complimentary leg and bikini waxing while they're down there. Seeing as you can't experience pain at that point, they might as well be productive for you! Also, during a C-Section...I'm thinking tummy-tuck while they're at it!

I get to have my first wheelchair excursion in almost two weeks today. It's even sunny for the event!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny, I'm your Aunt Ann remember me. I've been following your progress all along. It must be hard to be inactive for so long but I'll bet there will come a day you'll wish you could use a couple quiet days by yourself. Try to enjoy them. Why don't you wait for May 3, that is Michael's 46th Birthday.
You are lucky to have family so close and Mike such a good husband and fathers. Give that little Matthew a hug from me. Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny this is Micheals sister in Ca. Kathy. Just wanted to tell yor in good hands. When I wanted a boy so bad and was pregnant I didn't get good care and consequently lost him. They should of hospitalized me and didn't.I don't hold babies well and was lucky 2 get the two I got. So hang in there your in good hands! Thank God.