Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Well, not so great news today...after taking me off the Magnesium IV yesterday morning and starting me on oral meds, I began having some fairly serious contracting last night (at least way more than what I'd been having). I went from four smallish contractions an hour (that I usually didn't even feel) to ten fairly big ones in an hour. So, I had to be given an 'emergency' shot of Tributaline which makes your heart race and you feel all shakey. That combined with the other drug -- Nyphetipine, which lowers your blood pressure -- left me feeling pretty weird. I, thankfully, slept well through the night and didn't awaken to contractions, though they did start back up again later this morning. SO...I got another shot and they increased my dose of the oral meds. Now, it's just a matter of watching, waiting and hopefully coming up with the right cocktail of drugs and doses to keep things stabilized. If things really don't settle down, I'll be put back on the Magnesium IV which would be a real bummer, but if it buys us some more time than that's what we'll have to do. We shall see, and I'll do my best to keep you posted. (As will Mike with a briefer version of news at http://mikenjennymartin.home.comcast.net). Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sis!
Were thinking of you.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and keeping up to date through your blogs. Keep drinking and enjoying those cocktails!
We love you,
Katherine and Dan

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, I hope you don't have to have your dance partner again! Sorry it took me forever to get online, but I have (of course!) been thinking about you and your boys. I hope today goes better.
Love you,
Rachel