Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Today was an interesting day. From the moment I woke up I just felt completely ready for a pity party... so I had one off and on all morning! Last night, Mike and Matthew came for a visit and it was a fairly stressful one. Matthew was pretty cranky, wouldn't eat anything, and then tripped on my contraction monitor cord and did a complete face plant on the hard floor. He cried for quite a while and the last thing he wanted was to be comforted by me which of course was then hard for me. Poor Mike had two of us in tears to deal with. It's also been hard on Mike and I as we haven't been able to have any quality time in about 5-6 days. If he brings Matthew with him, then he has to be busy chasing after him. Thankfully, my parents have offered to watch Matthew for us on Thursday night so that Mike and I can have a date night. We're both counting down the days! We'll probably do dinner and a movie...here in my room, of course.

I had my ultrasound today and not too much has changed from last week. I'm 'very stable' but definitely need to be on bed rest as my cervix still measures quite short and shorter with any pressure applied to it. The doctor who saw me today said that I had a 'beautiful amount' of amniotic fluid. Huh! So, I've got that going for me. She didn't do a full growth measuring for Zachary today (that will be next week), but Dr. Kline did point out that he has a fair amount of hair already! She said that they can't usually see it this early on. Once again, we're not surprised that a son of ours is ahead of the norm. We make geniuses, you see -- very advanced little boys who are just eager to make an early appearance. No, that's not true. It's not their fault. Apparently I'm just too eager to have them make an early appearnce! Thank goodness for the drugs that are keeping me pregnant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so Zack's gonna look like Don King eh

-T