Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Exactly a year ago I had a goal calendar on the wall. Just like the one up in my hospital room now, I would put big X's on it when I had completed a day. Unlike the calendar this year, that one had things written on it like: "65 minute hill work-out" or "15 mile run". I'm doing a VERY different kind of training right now. Instead of icing my feet after running on them for hours, I would now like to ice my hips from laying on them for hours. I took drugs to help with muscle soreness then, now I take drugs to try to keep my muscles from working. Last Spring, I was gaining muscle mass and losing fat. This Spring, I'm losing what muscle I'd gained running and am becoming more and more of a chubster everyday! On May 1st, 2005 I ran 26.2 miles, and it was by far the hardest thing I had ever done. On May 1st, 2006, I hope to be lying in a bed, feeling like a beached whale after nine weeks on bed rest. I'm pretty certain that in terms of physical and emotional difficulty nine weeks on bed rest may win over months of training and five hours of non-stop running. We'll see...hopefully I will be celebrating my Marathon Anniversary as a horizontal -- and still pregnant -- Mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting comparison. You are a fighter in both arenas. I agree that lying in bed for weeks is much harder than running a marathon. You're amazing!
Love and miss you,
Katherine