Total Pageviews

Friday, March 24, 2006

Same old, same old. Lots of lying around, lots of bed hair, a fair amount of reading, computering (when I feel up to it) and movies/tv...though, once again I'd like you all to know that I have not fallen into the depressing trap that is daytime TV and I really refuse to go there! No Judge Judy for me, darn it! I haven't even watched Ellen Degeneres or Oprah and I occasionally watch those when I'm home!

The drug dose dance is still on. Yesterday, I received the Terb. pill in the morning (a lower dose) and by late afternoon/evening was starting to contract again, so I was given a higher dose. (Fun! Racing heart and the jitters right before bedtime...though really all the time is bedtime right now in my world). So, it's looking like that might be the pattern/regiment for a while. However, Dr. Anton said it's not ideal for me to get regular doses of the Terbuatline as you can build up immunity to it after a while. So, as always we'll just have to see! Big day this weekend though -- on Sunday I'll be 30 weeks! It's considered a bit of a preemie/pregnancy milestone to get out of the 20's. And just as every pregnant day is a victory day, preemies born after 30 weeks tend to do better than those born in the 20's.

My hospital neighbor/penpal has a 20 month old boy who was born at 30 weeks. He had to spend two months in the NICU and still has some emotional/developmental/speech delays (though they do say most early preemies get caught up to their peers before they start school). We definitely want to keep on keepin' on. It's been fun passing the notepad back and forth with her (via our wonderful nurses/mail carriers!), we can certainly connect, sympathize and relate to one another as we share this experience. And it really is a strange, unique experience. I've been in the hospital 12 days already. Time flies (and yet doesn't) when you're lying down!

No comments: