Total Pageviews

Monday, March 20, 2006

So, here's the news for today:

I passed the gluclose test -- though not by much which means that might limit at least one of the drugs that they might put me on eventually (because it increases the sugar levels). We then had our ultrasound later. Zachary was very much a monkey and was moving around so much it was a bit tricky for the doctor to get his measurements and get pictures of him (probably thanks to the pure sugar 'glu-cola' drink for breakfast). He practically had his hand over his face like 'please, no pictures...really'. Anyway, he weighs 3lbs.3oz. which is fantastic -- just above average for size and we passed the 3 pound mark! My cervix was also fairly cooperative. It's longer than it was which means that my body has definitely responded to the Magnesium and is getting better, but it also means I'm in the right place and being on bed rest is the right move since it's still fairly short and changes w/pressure. (Sorry for the detail for those of you not interested). Dr. Walker said he'd like to see me off the IV maybe as early as tomorrow, and then I'll be put on oral meds and we'll see how I do with those. He says there's no magic number really, and it all depends on how my body behaves, but he'd like to see me here until at least 32 weeks -- which is still FOUR weeks from now. I bet that my ob/gyn will want me here even longer -- she always errs on the side of caution, but we'll see. At this point though, it really is easier having me here being waited on and looked after by phenomenal nurses. If/when they want to send me home I might just have to chain myself to the bed and protest! It's hard on Mike and Matthew (and me) having me here, but if I head home I'll need full-time care as well as Matthew! It would take a lot of discipline to actually stay down and not get up to grab that quick snack for myself or what-have-you. But if that's what I gotta do, that's what I gotta do!

It's funny how things work out here. On Thursday, for example I had five visitors (plus the parentals and Mike) and the phone was ringing off the hook -- I couldn't even answer it half the time. Then Friday -- no visitors and very few calls. (Not that I'm complaining -- just funny how it comes in waves). Today was another busy day, so I certainly haven't had time to get bored or even read my book(s) much! It will come though...we're looking at a minimum of four weeks of this fun down time!

No comments: