Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 16, 2006

One of the fantastic doctors came in to see me a little bit ago, and said that they'll be gradually weaning me off one drug at a time and just seeing how my body responds over the next several days. (Starting with the Motrin today, and then cutting back on the Magnesium tomorrow). The good news is if it's not working (and contractions start back up) they can boost my drugs back up or try me on a number of different mixed drink/drug/cocktails. Fun times. She said that there is the SLIGHT possibility that eventually if my body stabilized and we got to a safer place (say 30-32 weeks, which is still 2-4 weeks from now) they MIGHT be able to send me home for bed rest...but we'll see. In some ways, while it stinks being here, it's easier. If I were at home, Mike would have to be looking after me AND Matthew 24-7. He's doing such an amazing job taking care of everything already while I'm in here that it would be hard feeling like a burden to him at home. Obviously, it would be nice being at home but...hmmm...would I get a massage twice a week? Could I push a button and have snacks brought to me? Could I tell you how traffic is on 405 looking out my window? I don't think so!

No comments: