Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tales of a Terrorist Cervix...

So, for the moment, we've got a really weak internet connection, but I'll take whatever I can get! Today is Day Four...I've been here at Overlake since early Sunday morning, March 12th. The great news is that the Magnesium Solfate that I'm on is definitely working -- slowing/stopping contractions -- and that Zachary looks great. Everytime they monitor him they've commented on how great he sounds/looks and that he's doing exactly what he needs to be doing. We just need to hope that my darn terrorist/incompetent cervix does the same! We've got to keep this kid cooking for quite some time. I'm propped up in my hospital bed now looking at the count-down calendar that one of the fantastic nurses made for me (that only goes up to week 36) -- there are four days with X's on them already, and the goal is to see lots and lots of them! Funny to think that the best case scenario is that I'm laying in this hospital bed for weeks and weeks and weeks. But hopefully that is what happens. I do feel comforted knowing that even if Mr. Zachary does decide to arrive early, it WILL be OK. It will be hard, but it will be OK. But one day at a time, and our motto for this whole situation (thanks, to Dr. British-Handsome-Pants Walker) is, "Everyday is a victory!" Everyday that I'm still pregnant, that I'm still being the INCUBATOR is another great day.

No comments: