Total Pageviews

Monday, February 26, 2007

We've had the stomach flu. This is not something that I would wish upon my worst enemy. Both of the boys got a little sick on Saturday, though we didn't think much of it. They're still getting over colds and Matthew tends to get sick towards the end of one. But then, gradually throughout the day yesterday, I started feeling worse. It got to the point where I couldn't move without vomiting. (Not that you want the details, I'm just trying to paint the picture here). By the time Mike got the boys put to bed, he, too, was feeling queasy. All I can say is thank goodness the boys weren't sick and that both slept well during the night. Mike and I were so busy taking care of ourselves (or at least trying to survive), the boys would've had to fend for themselves. Both of them had flu shots, so we're hoping that that's what kept them from the misery. And we're sincerely hoping that this misery has come and gone. Yuck.

The strange delusions that occur when you're that sick can be a bit entertaining. With my book club, I'm currently reading a book on fundamental Mormonism and polygamy. One of my clouded thoughts last night was, Well, there's one good thing about polygamy: If you get really sick, there are at least three other wives to help look after your eleven children. And with Mike, I'm reading Eragon (fantasy -- dragon story; definitely a guy's book), so during his moments of non-lucidity, he found that assuming the position of using a bow and arrow, helped him feel a bit better. Odd.

On to another topic: it has been said that Matthew is "Mini-Mike" and Zachary, "Jenny Junior." Well, Zach is taking after me more and more. The boy can seriously dance! He's got baby moves like I've never seen. Last week, when some music came on the TV, Zach, stopped what he was doing, looked up and immediately started to shake and groove. (He specializes in the booty-shake, knee-bend sort of dance). He can even do the splits, though he's not very thrilled when his feet start to slip into that pose. He can definitely cut a rug though!

In addition to sharing my good looks and my intensely phenomenal dancing skills, Zachary loves the camera. He will stop mid-fuss and strike a pose and smile for the camera. I really don't know where he gets this. Really!

No comments: