Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Last Friday, I taught my first ever Dinosaur themed Little Ditties Academy music class. I did SO much research and found SO many great dinosaur songs, that I am forced to admit two things. First: I now consider myself somewhat of a dinosaur expert. Second: the class went so swimmingly well it may have been my best ever. The moms were particularly impressed with the version of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” Help me out now:
stomp, stomp, clap. Stomp, stomp, clap. x2. I'm Ankylosaurus I'm big and strong; 10 feet tall and 30 feet long. Got a club on my tail, Armor on my back; Don't get too close or I'll give you a whack. I will, I will stomp you, stomp you. I will, I will stomp you, stomp you. I'm Tyrannosaurus Rex I'm big and mean. The meanest dinosaur that you've ever seen. I've got tiny little arms, Great big feet; I'll pick you up with my big sharp teeth. I will, I will, CHOMP you, CHOMP you!! I will, I will, CHOMP you, CHOMP you!!
Or how ‘bout “Doo Wah Ditty” sung to “Dino Ditty…” You can see the kind of quality musical education my students are walking away with.

My very favorite part of the class, however, was not something that I spent time planning/printing/taping/cutting out/preparing for. The best part had – of course – nothing to do with me what-so-ever. When asked what kind of dinosaur was his very favorite, Matthew – without skipping a beat – replied seriously, “a John Deerasaurus.”

No comments: