Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2007

We have a huge, fun weekend ahead of us. We’ll be hosting a family of five at our house (three kids: 18mo. boy, 3 ½ boy, 6yr. old girl and their parents) for a big Engaged Encounter event that will include long meetings, a fun Saturday dinner and dance and a Sunday “ice cream cruise” – boat ride in Seattle. It’ll be super fun, but we’ve been doing lots to get ready.

In order to save on time this morning, I decided to forego a shower and just wash my hair in the sink. (Sadly this is a regular enough occurrence here). I came out of the bathroom to check on the boys. My hair was stringy and sopping wet. The kids were fine, so I went back in to tame my mane. When I came out Matthew said, “Wow, Mommy, pretty hair.” I said, “Hey, thanks, Bud.” To which he replied, “Yeah, you look like a girl and not a horse.” See, it was a mane.

The other day we made a pilgrimage to Walmart – it really is like traveling to a whole other world. We were waiting in the customer service line when Matthew said loudly, “Look, Mommy! That guy has underwear on his head!” I quickly shhed him and discretely turned around – standing behind us in line was a tough looking gansta-type guy with a tight, white skull cap/hat on his head. I avoided making eye contact as Matthew said again, “Did you see? Did you see his underwear hat? Pretty silly, huh?”

No comments: