Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Somehow I ran seven miles this morning! (It helped that I was running with Andrea…and that I talked pretty much the whole time. Time flies when you’re…talking). The weather was great for a long run – a little chilly and misty. As I suspected though, getting up at 5:45, having a long run, consuming a fair amount of coffee and having a quiet post-run morning all managed to combine and leave me wiped out and ready for a nap at 11AM. Oh well. I only had a few hours to wait until my daily Diet Pepsi caffeine intake.

Matthew and I were playing trucks last week – shocking! (That’s certainly not news). The scenario was that I was the “worker truck” and Matthew was the “moving flatbed truck.” On the back of the moving truck was a little toy bed.
My truck asked Matthew’s moving truck, “So, where are you headed? Where are you taking that bed?”
The Moving Truck informed Worker Truck, “I’m taking it to the poor people. The poor people who don’t have beds.”
The Worker Truck (fighting a lump in the throat and a serious desire to do the ‘I DO have the best kids in the World’ dance) responded, “Wow! That’s so nice. Where do the poor people live who don’t have beds?”
Moving Truck responded, “They live outside. They don’t have houses either.”
Worker Truck: “Huuuh. That’s very sad…”
Moving Truck: “Wait!! They just got a new house.”
Worker Truck: “Well, that’s great!”
Moving Truck: “Yeah, they have this new farm silo for a house. But wait….Oh, this is very sad….”
A worried Worker Truck: “What?! What’s the matter?”
“They don’t have a TV! We better give them a TV. They have to have a TV!!!”

Oh well, at least he’s a very philanthropic little guy – wanting to help the needy trucks out there obtain the necessities: bed, home, TV.

No comments: