Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jenny’s “Quickies” (yeah, right, like anything I say is that quick):

What’d we do for Father’s Day? We slept. Well, first we had yummy banana, dark chocolate chip pancakes (and I wonder why I can’t lose weight) for the special day. Then we went to church and out to lunch with friends to celebrate their baby’s Baptism. My brother Chris came along too. (Mom and Dad are at Port Ludlow entertaining four Vietnamese nuns and a priest – it sounds like a bad joke, I know). By the time we got home it was 3pm – and QUIET time!! We were so tired that we all ended up taking naps. 2 ½ hour long naps! I woke up at 5:30 and thought sheesh! We better wake everyone up so we can eat dinner and get ready for bed! Thanks to his long nap, Matthew was still up and ready to party at 11pm.



* * * * *


I haven’t blogged as much as usual recently because I’m actually writing during my early morning or naptime writing time!! I’ve started working on a middle grade (ages 9-12) chapter book that I’m REALLY excited about. I’ve already got quite a few chapters completed, plus I have the entire story outlined. I’m hoping that it will be between 100-200 pages. It’s really neat to get to that “magical” place where the characters just walk out of your imagination and you’re just sharing their story and words with everyone else.

* * * * *

Zachary will walk all the way down the hall if he’s trying to get at Daddy’s ice cream cone; otherwise, he still leans towards speed-crawling – which he is a champ at.

We’re thinking about getting him a job as a Walmart Greeter. He stands on the sofa (which he can easily climb up on now) and waves and says “hi” to any cars or people that pass our house. Walking down to the store today, he rode in the stroller, and I’m fairly certain he thought that he was part of a parade.

Going down the stairs today (sliding on his tummy), he got tripped up somehow and started to fall. Thankfully, I was right there to stop him from tumbling all the way down the stairs. Unfortunately, I caught him but in the process somehow managed to wack his head on the stair railing. He’s got a nasty dark red line and purple bruise going horizontally right between his two eyes – as if he’s wearing glasses. Right. You can call CPS now, I fully admit blame.

* * * * *

Matthew usually refers to fireworks as “thunderworks.”

He overheard me talking about how we got pretty “green” after riding the Sun Ferris Wheel at Disneyland’s California Adventure. We’re going to Disneyland the first week of August, so we’ve been talking about it a fair amount (I’m more excited than anyone! Shocking, I know). He’s really concerned that we’ll go on a ride that will “turn us green.” I’ve tried to reassure him that we will not make that mistake again. No swinging gondolas for us, thank you very much.

* * * * *

I made it into the gym for yoga class last night. Kathy – my former middle school health, gym, and sex-ed teacher, NOW my yoga instructor – was all about the New Age-y-ness last night. We did a few extra meditations that were all about feeling your energy and spirit and connectivity to the body, the universe, etc. Those were actually pretty nice. I had a problem with the whole gong thing. She had this little mini-gong that she whipped out towards the end of class. We were to change positions when we heard the gong. Even way-too-short-shorts-old-guy snorted about that. I think we were all trying to be oh-so Zen and serious, but the gong was a bit much for most of us. Short-Shorts (for short) still stays after class to flirt it up with Kathy. I’m pretty sure he’s going to make a move soon – maybe ask her out for some wheat grass after class. I’m trying to come up with a way to discretely clue him in: Dude, if you want a chance with Kathy, you’ve GOT to ditch the way-too-short-shorts. She’s definitely more of a yoga-pants kind-of-a-gal. Really, I don’t know any woman that’s a way-too-short-shorts kind of a gal.

It has been said that all the spinal twisting and stretching that occurs in yoga is great for the digestive system…it really ‘wrings’ you out so to speak and squeezes all of the toxins out of you. Um, let’s just say, hypothetically speaking, that someone (who shall remain nameless) wasn’t really thinking things through and had some beans on her salad, a little too much cheese (particularly for one who is borderline lactose-intolerant), and a Fiber One “oats and chocolate” bar for snack (delicious but dangerous)! All I can say is that I’d like to apologize to the….wait, I mean, someone-at-yoga-who-would-like-to-remain-anonymous would like to apologize to the people who were Yoga-ing around me…her. There’s a chance that the Zen spirit was a bit tampered with.

No comments: