Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

One of the "firsts"


Today marks one of those “firsts.”  Today we experience dad’s first birthday without dad.  He would’ve been 75.

Like an emotional teenage girl, I’ve been listening to a certain song over and over and over lately.  It might seem like an odd pick, but I love everything about it: the words, the music, the picture it paints in my mind, and how it eventually builds and concludes in optimism. It’s funny too, because I’ve heard this song a thousand times without it resonating with me. 

I first got The Lion King soundtrack (the Broadway version) years ago after mom and I went to it.  This song never really stood out to me.  Well, when Zachary and I went to the show a few weeks ago, I could certainly relate to this one on a whole new level. 

Just as this song ends on a happy note…for today, dad’s birthday, we’re going to just get through the day and then meet up with my mom and brother for ice cream tonight.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLaChLkIY_g (Endless Night from the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Disney's The Lion King)

No comments: