Total Pageviews

Friday, August 03, 2012

s'more house pics


430 pages single-spaced; an approximately 860 page book all about yours truly.  I swear I don’t notice that often, but every once in a while, I look down on my blog word document and see the page count and experience an odd mix of emotion: amazement and also self-pity.  I found myself wondering (occasionally): What’s it all about?  Who cares?  Who will ever want to read these pages when I’m long gone?  What’s my plan with all of this wordy self-involved nonsense?!  I don’t have an answer for any of this and honestly I’m too wrapped up (and tired) in my own little world of home-improvement and summertime fun to really care to figure it out right now.  So, let’s move on.
I’ve spent approximately twenty hours in the last nine-ish days working on painting/staining the deck with this crazy awesome stuff: Deck Restore.  I’m actually really embarrassed with the fact that I’ve told anyone who will listen about this product.  But here’s why: the stuff is a pain in the butt to work with (that’s not why it’s awesome).  It is five times thicker than paint and comes in 30 different colors.  We picked a crazy dark red (Navajo Red, if you must know) that matches the vertical slats in the railing that were already painted.  The magic is that once you get a couple of coats of this stuff on, you don’t have to paint or stain for at minimum TEN YEARS.  That makes it SO worth the backache right now!  Anyway, in this photo you can see the partially finished job (we still have to go between EACH board with a small brush) while Mike and some men-friends bond around cooking meat just like our cavemen ancestors. 

Now, our bedroom.  By far one of my favorite paint colors (NOT a custom made one, by the by).  This room is so SO relaxing and just peaceful.  The ginormous THING you see on the floor in front of the windows is the 13 foot window valance that my parents got (along with the double drapes) from an estate sale…for free.  Honestly, this thing was MADE for our room! It will fit perfect and matches our bedding and colors beautifully….BUT it will need to be attached to the ceiling and weighs a ton (it’s solid wood), so yeah, that’s a JOB that just hasn’t happened yet.



Our master bathroom.  Yeah, it’s pretty spacious.  Kind of embarrassing with the gorgeousness, really.



The hall/kiddo bathroom!



Here’s the office which I just painted last week.  It’s still a bit of a mess, but we’ll get there.


And last, but not least, I’d like you to see how I spend my days.  You know: feet up, eating bonbons, watching soaps while my children do all the work around here.  I’m willing to loan them out if you need assistance with housework.


No comments: