Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It’s the eleventh hour. It’s go time! We’re in the home stretch. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s mile 24…and all those other analogies. Our deadline is looming. A week from Tuesday, the house needs to be ready to go, clutter-free, prettified and staged for the photo shoot at 9am. A couple of days after that, our house – our home sweet home of nine crazy-amazing years – will officially be “on the market.” That gives us 8 days to pull this place together. It’s kinda ca-razy how much we’ve done. It’s kinda way ca-razy how much is left to do. And, of course, I’m coming down with a cold (wah-wah). Oh, what, could I maybe be a little run down or something? Just a little. And, of course, patience is running thin (or nonexistent). So, of course, the kids respond to this in their own way (being extra trying and difficult.) And, of course, Mike has a huge deadline for work in the next couple of weeks, so he’s way stressed about that (‘cuz there’s nothing out of the ordinary going on at home or anything. No extra stress here). Big ‘ol boo-hoo, wah-wah, moving is HARD broo-ha-ha pity party’s a-goin’ on all up in here.

Basically, the poop’s hit the fan under this here roof and it ain’t ‘purty’.

And just when I think, I might actually completely lose it, throw my hands up in defeat and check myself into someplace where I can get the physical and mental break that I need…this picture (by sweet Matthew) is quietly left on the counter, unbeknownst to me, where I find it a few minutes later. Then all is good in the world. (For a few minutes, anyway, before it’s time to go paint something or pack something). But, this picture and all that it represents, is there for me when I need a break from the insanity!

No comments: