Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2009


Wowie. This was one heck of a weekend. One of a kind. Unlike any other. Unforgettable and ridiculously amazing! Yesterday, Mike and I got up at 6am. (The boys were with my parents). We picked up our friends Greg and Sara from Engaged Encounter and went to Pioneer Square. At 8am, we met up with the director and videographer for our video shoot. We filmed a ‘movie’ to promote Seattle and the National Convention that we are hosting here (Mike and I are the co-chairs) in October 2010. The video will be played at the district Conventions this summer; it will be on our website and on YouTube. Finally!! My big break!!...I mean OUR big break, of course. We spent 16 hours, I repeat SIXTEEN HOURS shooting for this five minute video (yes, 16 hours of filming = 5 minutes of video!). So, we filmed from 8am-12am and didn’t get home until 2am. Um, can you say ‘tired’?! Yet, ridiculously fun.

The first scene is following Greg and Sara – playing an oober-cheesy, in-love married EE team couple (not too hard since that’s what they are…except for maybe the over-the-top cheesiness) as they sight-see in Seattle. We could not – COULD NOT – have asked for a better day. It was 70 degrees and sunny and gorgeous. Seattle has never looked better. It was like ‘Extreme Makeover – Seattle Edition.’ We spent eight hours doing all of the main touristy things in Seattle. It was awesome. And our video crew and producer were so great and fun to work with.

The next scene…well, you’ll have to wait for the video to find out what happens but Mike and I play a Super Hero couple. I will at least give you a sneak peak photo though. I can’t wait to get to see the final video!

No comments: