Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Seahawk Fever

I don’t know if you’ve heard of them, but there’s this little football team called the Seattle Seahawks.  They’re kind of a big deal.  They sorta just won their first ever Superbowl.  Let me tell you, Seattle has Seahawk fever like CRAZY.  It’s bananas.  Today was the big parade in downtown.  700,000 diehard fans attended.  We did not.  But I did watch from the comfort of home. 
We are by no means diehard sports fans.  We enjoy them but certainly don’t live it, breathe it, like some do.  Really, the main reason I keep up (kinda-sorta) is because of my brother Chris.  He loves our Seattle teams.  He knows their stats.  He watches every game that he can.  Following the Seattle sports teams was definitely a bond that Chris and my dad shared.  I wanted the Seahawks to win the Superbowl…for Chris. 
And praise God, they did!  And extra thank God that it wasn’t a stressful game!  We just sat back and enjoyed like everyone else (minus the Bronco fans).  I figured becoming Superbowl champs meant it was time we become ‘legit’ and get some gear.  (Mike got a hat too but I didn’t subject him to the photo shoot).


No comments: