Total Pageviews

Monday, July 10, 2006

Oh dear. You know it's been too long since I last blogged -- the website didn't automatically sign me in; I had to remember my password!

We, Martins are alive and well. Mike had all of last week off (got the 3rd and 4th and took vacation for the rest of it). On the 3rd, Mike and I had TWO weddings to go to. We really enjoyed our first night out (sans enfants) since December 28th, 2005. Hmm, that's a little sad. We've had beautiful weather, so we spent a lot of time outside going to the park, the beach, and playing in the sandbox. We also officially commenced Martin Family Fat Camp. The Couch to 5K training program is well underway (week one: complete). I am a little concerned though that my bed rest legs aren't quite ready. They seemed OK at the get-go, but the last couple of times that we've gone out for our walk-jogs I've been pretty sore the next day (especially my shins and knees which are the last places a runner wants injury). I guess I better slow down and run at Mike's pace. Ha! Right. Seeing as his legs are twice as long as mine, he usually runs in front of me a little bit. He claims this is so I can check out his rear. I told him it's like dangling cheese before the rat.

Matthew's favorite new game is Hide and Seek (which he calls "Hide and Secret.") In 'Hide and Secret' Matthew tells you where to hide, runs to his room to count (not always with numbers in the correct sequence), shouts "Here me come!" and then proceeds to be very pleased with himself when he finds you. My favorite version is when he tells me to hide in our bed. I always attempt to catch a couple Z's between his finding me, but he's pretty quick, that kid.
Zachary is enjoying life as a Martin boy. His favorite pastimes are: sleeping, eating, being held, swinging in the Graco "Swyngomatic", and watching big brother Matthew. He's still trying to master the art of smiling. When he does manage to pull back those now-chubby cheeks and flash those dimples it sure melts your heart. He's worth every minute that I laid in a bed.

No comments: